The blog version of Give Blood Magazine, est. 1972

Is it me, or is it my vision?

My photo
My first memory is of losing my glasses. Had they not been found, folded carefully on the top edge of the sea wall, where would we be today?

Sunday, July 29, 2007

What Comes After Z?


Stephen M. Skaar
2007, Acrylic on Canvas, 37” x 56”
(Click image to enlarge)

How can we possibly evoke the new with no tools at our disposal but our existing alphabet and vocabulary? Doctor Seuss seems to speak of a similar conundrum in his classic treatise, "What comes after Z?" As much as any of the other explanations offered here, “Z” may actually be the genesis of my longtime desire to bring these strange character sets and their associated animals to life. Here we reintroduce the Glass Bead Game, grow Concepts By Accretion.

No comments:

Blog Archive