The blog version of Give Blood Magazine, est. 1972

Is it me, or is it my vision?

My photo
My first memory is of losing my glasses. Had they not been found, folded carefully on the top edge of the sea wall, where would we be today?

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hermeneutic


Stephen M. Skaar
2007, Acrylic on Canvas, 37” x 56”
(Click image to enlarge)

I had already been using drugs and so I began taking drugs even more to relieve the paint.

This time, I threw everything I had onto the canvas. God spoke to me again and said," Whatever thou paint shall be true!" Just then, He filled me with the holy Ghost!

With tears running down my cheeks, I began painting in tongues. I arrived home about 3:00 a.m. and told my wife everything that had happened to me, word for word, as she can attest.

No comments:

Blog Archive