The blog version of Give Blood Magazine, est. 1972

Is it me, or is it my vision?

My photo
My first memory is of losing my glasses. Had they not been found, folded carefully on the top edge of the sea wall, where would we be today?

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1929!

Somewhere in the sky the plutocrats are jacking off in the plush cabins of their sub-orbital ornithoptors. "Ha, ha, ha! No, you don't understand, we're going to take it all!" Meanwhile, terrestrially, George Bush, the anti-christ, flourishes his own fat pen as he prepares to dot the last t's and cross the last i's of his terrible two terms.

Sure, I'm just whining, I've still got a little sugar in my liver, but the whiplash of the economy is why 2/3 of the people in my fine company were summarily fired last Friday. More work and harder work for everyone, a chance for the tough to get going, we've been through it before--but have we? This one really feels like disaster capitalism.

I'm a little down...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great imagery about these terrible times. I'm so sorry about your company, Steve.

Blog Archive