The blog version of Give Blood Magazine, est. 1972

Is it me, or is it my vision?

My photo
My first memory is of losing my glasses. Had they not been found, folded carefully on the top edge of the sea wall, where would we be today?

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Sea Cave

This time when I came down the lines from the highway above, a heavy fog covered the beach, nothing visible but a solitary sandpiper dancing away from me in the mist. This time the tide was low, the waves breaking far off, slinging silent shallow ribbons across the packed sand, no longer scouring the entrance to the sea cave. I entered cautiously, edging deeper and deeper into the wide opening, until, turning a dark corner, I realized that the ocean had broken a passage through the barrier cliff and opened the way to the world beyond.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what beautiful photos! I really like the foggy beach boulders. thank you for sharing!!! :)

Blog Archive