The blog version of Give Blood Magazine, est. 1972

Is it me, or is it my vision?

My photo
My first memory is of losing my glasses. Had they not been found, folded carefully on the top edge of the sea wall, where would we be today?

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Alien Transmission


Stephen M. Skaar 2007, Acrylic on Canvas, 38” x 56”
(Click image to enlarge)

In the movie “Invasion of the Bodysnatchers” replacement townspeople curdle from the soufflé interiors of interstellar seed pods, soon absorbing enough of the details of speech and behavior to pass for any of us in regular life…

The fear of the foetus that came out of this first alien beachhead is still with us in society’s endless wrangling about stem cell differentiation, veal, and mushrooms. Here a team of extraterrestrial podlings drift to their assignments in Contra Costa County, each optimized for effective information transfer. Don’t look behind you…

No comments:

Blog Archive