The blog version of Give Blood Magazine, est. 1972

Is it me, or is it my vision?

My photo
My first memory is of losing my glasses. Had they not been found, folded carefully on the top edge of the sea wall, where would we be today?

Friday, August 05, 2011

Relief

I'm used to winning, so it shouldn't have surprised me when the noise suddenly stopped this morning and it all became perfect.

There's a tradition of grueling release processes, I know that territory well. Ours was fought in the light of day, all my ineptitudes fully exposed, against the usual forces of entropy--phone charger suddenly lost, mailbox filling up at critical intervals. Swallowing my pride for the 10th time as we dealt with each problem, suddenly...peace.

My fingernails will be extracted at some future date.

1 comment:

mulkurul said...

you have had to suffer for your art, now it's our turn !

Blog Archive