The blog version of Give Blood Magazine, est. 1972

Is it me, or is it my vision?

My photo
My first memory is of losing my glasses. Had they not been found, folded carefully on the top edge of the sea wall, where would we be today?

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Baltimore

I parked on Light Street and walked to a used bookstore I'd located on the internet (The Book Escape). Fort McHenry? Nah.

There's a good book on Egyptian Painting that I like--up to now I've only had the german language version, despite its availability on Amazon--finally I can read the text, which I mentioned to the woman who sold it to me for 8 bucks, such a deal, even better than online.

Maybe because of that, when I asked her where the art museum was she sent me to the Walters museum "near our Washington monument." They have some nice egyptian pieces, a good greek and roman section.







It was over 90 in Baltimore but I was eating it up, brickhouse streetfronts. A sense of subdued pace on that Friday morning. Then I did my 3-point turn and aimed my starfighter (a Ford Focus) back to Dulles Airport. Asteroids and accidents clogging the beltway, but I still vectored in an hour before my flight.



Business went well--it was fulfilling that Arbitron's business model is really like ours was, we can see right where we fit in. A few egos and wrinkles to that, but it should work out.



The hotel was on the edge of a pretty little lake in Columbia, which otherwise I didn't have too much fondness for the town--some fabulous herons there--I saw a Green Heron, a Great Blue, a Night Heron, and a greater Egret, all in the same place at more or less the same time. More fireflies.







No comments:

Blog Archive