The blog version of Give Blood Magazine, est. 1972

Is it me, or is it my vision?

My photo
My first memory is of losing my glasses. Had they not been found, folded carefully on the top edge of the sea wall, where would we be today?

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Angels, Demons, Illuminati

We went to the "Angels and Demons" movie Saturday--two good things I can say about it, first, as I opened the door after parking in the parking structure, I found a baggie on the ground containing a small quantity of skunk left to tempt me by the Illuminati, second, it was way better than "Da Vinci Code," which can put me to sleep in 0 minutes. And one bad thing--can we blame anything other than the book on which it's based that the movie has two central characters who not only have no chemistry, but have nothing else in common and hardly speak to each other? Probably blame Ron Howard.

But the movie was another trip down memory lane, it's less than a year since we were in Rome and making a kind of frenzied dash between icons of the Catholic church, just like Tom Hanks and whatsername do. Of course the reason we were there was to look at the art--it's amazing how knowledgeable I am about the places that appear in the movie--I stood there, I rested my hand there, I panted up this stone passage.

No comments:

Blog Archive