The blog version of Give Blood Magazine, est. 1972

Is it me, or is it my vision?

My photo
My first memory is of losing my glasses. Had they not been found, folded carefully on the top edge of the sea wall, where would we be today?

Saturday, January 24, 2009

In Etrusca I secured...

In Etrusca I secured an ancient volume detailing the public ritual:

He shall begin by examining the birds, both in front and behind
He shall present the produce of the land
He shall consecrate his victims on the movable plank
He shall pray silently over the flesh and the produce of the land.

He shall go to observe the birds, the ones in front and the ones behind
He shall observe a curlew on the right, an osprey on the right
A crow and a kingfisher on the left

He shall begin his observation at the embankment of
rocks, proceed thus along the bend of the bay
to the cavern in the cliff
There he shall kindle fire from fire
wash water with water.

--adapted from the Tables of Iguvium

No comments:

Blog Archive