The blog version of Give Blood Magazine, est. 1972

Is it me, or is it my vision?

My photo
My first memory is of losing my glasses. Had they not been found, folded carefully on the top edge of the sea wall, where would we be today?

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cats, Pigeons, San Mateo Bridge


Near work, the bay cats eye wary pigeons.
(click to enlarge)

As I worked on this painting I slowly recognized that I was on familiar ground, taking the pigeons from my Barcelona painting, "Vista Dels Ocells," and revisiting a strange encounter between cat and bird on the beach that I'd depicted in an incredibly crude early canvas (1973, maybe?).





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pigeon in the right foreground reminds me of another 'monstrous' pigeon that I cannot place now.

Norie Clarke said...

I enjoy the composition a lot with the bridge merging into the beach line, and all the rest. Reminds me of a new word I learned from a poem "bight". Know it? Good scrabble word.

Norie
EZ_west

Blog Archive