The blog version of Give Blood Magazine, est. 1972

Is it me, or is it my vision?

My photo
My first memory is of losing my glasses. Had they not been found, folded carefully on the top edge of the sea wall, where would we be today?

Monday, September 18, 2006

Twisted trunk, Cora Lake

Here are some sketches from Cora Lake in the Ansel Adams Wilderness area. An exercise in humility. How can I grapple with the crazy organic quality of nature, in which there are an infinite number of competing shapes, shadows, directionals? This stuff isn't even pretty, when you come right down to it. In the Sierra you rarely find symmetry or consistency. It's often impossible to tell one thing from another. But this was an exception, a single stunted little pine growing from a soil deposit on an outcropping of speckled white granite that overlooks Cora lake. Sort of bonsai, I guess.Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive